“Isolation is aloneness that feels forced upon you, like a punishment. Solitude is aloneness you choose and embrace. I think great things can come out of solitude, out of going to a place where all is quiet except the beating of your heart.” Jeanne Marie Laskas
I have been sharing my daily thoughts through self isolation on my social media accounts, I have just been writing a few honest statements of what I have been going through daily, odd thoughts that have popped into my head and general crap. Although most of it is total rubbish I want to be able to keep them and look back over them to see how I change of this period. I also wanted to the share them because everyone’s experience is going to be different and more now than ever we are going to see just how special and different we are from each other!!
Day 1 – Eyebrows & Hold Music
- Between half brown and half blonde hair and not being able to pluck my own eyebrows this is going to be a ugly lockdown!!
- Squirrels around here love people & Geese are nasty little buggers!
- Someone in the world needs to create new hold music, we have time now lets put our heads together and create something that won’t burn into our brains!
- I eat like a 5 year old left alone!!
- Virgin River on Netflix is pretty good!
- I have already eaten all the sweet treats in my house, pretty sure I won’t emerge from this with a bikini body!!
- I dress like a homeless person!
- Should I weigh myself?!!!
- I wish I had Haribo left!!
Day 2 – Mountain Climbs & Wild Swims
- Coco Pops taste nothing like I remember yeah they turn your milk brown but that’s it, what happened to the chocolate taste?
- Learnt today that if I climb my stairs 394 times then I have climbed the equivalent of Scafell Pike
- I am not as productive as I thought I was!
- No matter how long we get stuck at home I will never be too bored that I decide to wash my hair!!
- Napping has started!
- I really like sausages, way more than I thought!!
- I have decided to call my shadow Tracey and my reflection Cheryl so I am never alone during this!
- Turns out that your wheelie bin is the perfect place to take a little wild swim!!
- Eating three breakfast before 12pm is perfectly fine!!
- I have now discovered Disney Plus! I will probably never leave the house again!
- I use the word “also” at the start of every spoken sentence!
Day 3 – Outdoor Baking & Men in their Cars
- There is an alarming number of men just spending the days sat in their cars!
- I have become dependant on sausages.
- Prepping vegetables didn’t help me eat any!!
- Making cornflake cakes on my camping stove was the best idea I have had this week!!
- Live-action Lady and the Tramp, worst idea I have had all week.
- The ugly is really setting in!
- My dress sense is getting odder by the day!!
- I am coming out of this fatter then I went in.
- Picnics are now my life
- I am almost bored enough to download Tinder!!
Day 4 – Sausage Hunt & Tie Dye Fun
- Spent 90 mins hunting sausages, was prepared to wrestle for them in Tesco!!!
- Four days in and I finally ate a vegetable!! Yay me!!
- My neighbour watched me get in my bin and then run back in his house!!
- Visiting a supermarket during the pandemic was the worst life choice I’ve ever made!
- I have a love for tie dye that I never knew existed!!
- I am now in a relationship with Disney + and it’s going well!
- I am still eating chocolate cornflake cakes
- I have 41 bruises on my body and I have no idea why!!
- Turns out I can’t sing for shit and my dancing is even worse!!
- Don’t know if it’s an age thing but I have spent too many hours trying to figure Tik Tok out, feels like you need a degree in it!
Day 5 – BBQ & Finally Worked!
- Never cook enough sausages for two days, you will eat them all in one sitting!
- The drinking has begun!! Wine is my new friend!
- I feel like a Queen when I walk down the street people cross the road to make way for me!
- Spent the day working at my local hospital and even in a crisis everybody works together and stays positive!
- 7 Sausages in one sitting is my limit!
- I’ve watched so many Disney documentaries that I’m desperate all of a sudden to go back to Disney.
- I actually spoke to a real person today!!
- Social Media has more love than hate!
- No matter what I’m doing some exercise tomorrow!! NO MATTER WHAT!
- I might try a vegan diet (might help me kick my sausage habit)